Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Taz's artwork

I really like this piece, mainly because of the colors and background dots that are used. The entire page has a "popping out at you" effect that draws you in and makes you want to look at it. It is a different take on joining the art club, but effective at drawing you in to read it. It's got a comic book feel to it, which I believe was the artist's intention and he does it well. The explosion of the pencils, erasers, and brushes at the bottom left corner is a nice touch that integrates the art club motif.

One thing I might change up a little is the white balloon where the text lies. It seems a little too big and could be downsized a bit. It just seems to overwhelm a bit, whereas I know the intention was to make you read it, but I think there's too much room around the text. Don't know if it makes a difference, but a location of where the art club meets would probably be helpful to the reader. Overall, though, I like the design and it does its job of grabbing your attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment